Requirements for Associate Membership
To be eligible for Associate Membership of ACPA you must:
- Hold provisional or full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia and
- Hold a professional Master’s or Doctoral degree in clinical psychology accredited by the body appointed under the current Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (2009) and
- Be undertaking, or eligible to undertake, a registrar program for endorsement in clinical psychology
Associate Members of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (NZCCP):
Associate Membership of the New Zealand College of Clinical
Psychologists (NZCCP) is recognised by ACPA as meeting the requirements
for Associate Membership in ACPA. NZCCP members are entitled to all
membership privileges associated with their membership category in ACPA.
Clinical psychologists registered with the New Zealand Psychologists
Board who are not members of the NZCCP are eligible to join ACPA as International Members.
Supporting documents required for Associate Membership:
- Copies of any documents listing any change/s of name/s (if relevant) and
- Copies of testamur/s (degree/s) OR copy of transcript/s containing itemised subjects demonstrating completion of an accredited post-graduate degree in clinical psychology
Complimentary Professional Insurance
Insurance House Group offers complimentary AHPRA-compliant professional insurance (includes professional indemnity, public liability, and goods sold and supplied insurance) for ACPA Associate Members.
Please note that you must apply separately for this complimentary insurance once your ACPA Associate Membership has been approved. Simply becoming an ACPA Associate Member does not automatically provide insurance coverage. Note also that this complimentary insurance is valid for one year. If after 12 months you are still eligible, you can re-apply for another year of complimentary insurance. Please see the complimentary insurance page for full details on eligibility and how to apply.
Apply for Associate Membership
Click here to apply for Associate Membership of ACPA
. Documents can be submitted electronically during the application process, or forwarded within 4 weeks via email, or in hard copy to the ACPA Office.